Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Cycling (Highway) Blues
Posted by: Charles Barraball
Date/Time: 05/12/10 21:04:00

Totally accept that cycling is lovely in the Spring!

(I'd  luckily bought ice-springs to clip under my shoes and ran through the snow on Wednesday to Motspur Park Station in three minutes! It used to take me two, once. They are lethal on wet shop floors,though!)

But it was glorious today to make the most of having dug through snowdrifts and packed ice on the pavement outside my and my immediate neighbours', and the main roads (and CSH7) were clear.

Merton LB have salted and the sun has dispersed most of the snow/ice on the roads and some of the cycle paths from KT3 and SW19 to CSH7. But do beware of substantial snowy/icy patches, especially outside Raynes Park Station, North side. There are still obvious areas there that should have had attention.

Merton LB could do a better job of gritting pavements if we insisted the roads and gritters weren't obstructed by parked cars. Then our property values could rise by 15%, and our incomes effectively rise as the streets become safer places to walk and ride and grow and breathe in.

Meanwhile surely it is not beyond our wit to speak to our neighbours, take up shovels and clear the pavements?

Rode all the way to Alexandra Palace, training it back from Waterloo to Raynes Park. 

I enjoyed the day - I hope you all did, too.

Charles

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Cycling (Highway) Blues04/12/10 08:56:00 Charles Barraball
   Re:Cycling (Highway) Blues04/12/10 12:56:00 Joyce Pountain
      Re:Re:Cycling (Highway) Blues04/12/10 14:24:00 Charles Barraball
      Re:Re:Cycling (Highway) Blues04/12/10 14:41:00 Charles Barraball
   Re:Cycling (Highway) Blues05/12/10 16:40:00 Mark Parker
      Re:Re:Cycling (Highway) Blues05/12/10 21:04:00 Charles Barraball

Forum Home